High Fiber Creamy Garlic, shrimp and veg pasta
- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined raw shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ cups non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a tsp. of salt and spaghetti and cook 1 minute less than package directions. Add shrimp, asparagus, bell pepper and peas and cook until the pasta is tender and the shrimp are cooked, 2 to 4 minutes more. Drain well.
Mince the garlic and microwave, covered, for 45 seconds. Mash garlic and salt in a large bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Add the pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts (if using).
Note: To toast pine nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes.